Sutherland is one of the leading legal teams supporting product and service providers to the retirement and employee benefit markets.
We have recently represented, in their retirement businesses:
- 19 of the 25 leading variable annuity manufacturers;
- 10 of the top 25 independent broker-dealers;
- 4 of the 10 largest 401(k) administrators;
- 6 mutual fund organizations; and
- A number of other providers and selling firms, including investment advisers, banks and other financial institutions.
Our team integrates nationally recognized ERISA practitioners with attorneys experienced in banking, insurance, mutual fund, real estate, securities, and other applicable laws, seamlessly serving clients across the deal stream of retirement platforms, products and services.
We assist clients with:
- Section 401(k) and other 401(a) plans,
- Section 403(b) plans,
- Section 457 plans,
- All forms of IRAs,
- Nonqualified deferred compensation plans, and
- Medical, life insurance and other welfare benefit plans.
Because we work with both:
- A range of product and service providers from development, through sales and operations, to defense on audit and in litigation, and
- Plan sponsors on the design and administration of their plans,
we bring useful perspective on the requirements and expectations of plan sponsors and participants, and pragmatic experience to all our engagements.
Our experience includes:
- Retirement platform construction and operation
- Administration and recordkeeping
- Retirement products
- Investment advice and management
- Marketing, sales and distribution
- Investment transactions
- Acquisition and sale of retirement businesses
- Enforcement and litigation
- Policy and regulation
- In-house benefit plans for executives, employees and sales personnel
Click here to learn more about our seamless services across the retirement deal stream and to learn more about our lawyers representing retirement product and service providers.
© 2013 Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP