Sutherland's energy securities practice includes representation of both issuers and underwriters in public and exempt offerings, as well as SEC periodic reporting and other compliance matters. As part of a broad-ranging practice in securities matters for issuers, underwriters and investment advisors, Sutherland has an energy securities practice which includes:
- Representation of issuers and underwriters in both initial public offerings and offerings by established public companies, including shelf registrations;
- Tax exempt financings and other exempt offerings, including 144A, Regulation D and Regulation S offerings;
- Assistance and advice with respect to periodic reports and release of material information, compliance with new legislation and SEC rules and regulations;
- Assistance with obtaining of no-action letters and exemptive relief from the SEC in connection with Securities Act transactions and Exchange Act reporting; and
- Advice on compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and the SEC's related regulations.
Sutherland attorneys who service our energy clients' securities needs are active in a variety of transactions for electric and investment banker clients.
© 2013 Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP