The nation's electric power markets, the transactions that characterize them and the companies that participate in them are sophisticated and diverse. Our service to the Electric Power segment of the energy industry reflects that diversity. We serve a broad array of client groups and we apply a wide range of practice area familiarity in doing so. Our activities include:
- Power project development on behalf of independent power producers, electric cooperatives and large industrial end users;
- Asset management transactions on behalf of those owning or controlling generation and transmission assets;
- Acquisition and disposition of energy assets;
- Wholesale power supply, power marketing and trading transactions;
- Regulatory advocacy and compliance for end user groups, independent power producers, power marketers and electric cooperatives before state and federal regulatory bodies;
- Environmental permitting for the siting and operation of gas-fired, coal-fired, co-generation, hydro-electric, wind and other renewable facilities; and
- Full corporate representation of electric cooperatives (both generation and transmission cooperatives as well as distribution cooperatives).
More than twenty-five of our lawyers actively serve the Electric Power segment of the energy industry. We are privileged to count as valued clients many of the leading participants in the nation's Electric Power markets. We pride ourselves on bringing current market knowledge to bear to assist our clients in successfully concluding their transactions.
© 2013 Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP