Blogs

Search Blogs
Search by date
Choose From Date
Choose To Date
SearchClear

California Awaits Decision on CEII

Today’s Risk Policy Report says that local politicians and citizens are disappointed with a proposed agreement between California officials and FERC regarding the release of CEII relevant to the proposed terminal in Long Beach, CA. The agreement, which a
February 20, 2006

Today’s Risk Policy Report says that local politicians and citizens are disappointed with a proposed agreement between California officials and FERC regarding the release of CEII relevant to the proposed terminal in Long Beach, CA. The agreement, which also serves as the California Energy Commission’s application for access to CEII, could be approved by FERC next month. The application does not cover local politicians or environmental groups, and it is not clear whether they have applied for CEII access. “Withholding what may be critical information from those most directly affected is inappropriate,” an unnamed environmentalist said. “And, should the rationale for non-disclosure be based on the potential for terrorist attack, it would seem even more important that local entities be informed and able to comment on the decision to place what may be a highly vulnerable facility in their midst.” [Subscription required]

Our Story

Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP is an international law firm helping the Fortune 100, industry leaders, sector innovators and business entrepreneurs solve their biggest challenges and reach their business goals. Dedicated to unfaltering excellence in client service, we are known for our business savvy and industry intelligence, providing creative and custom solutions for each of our clients. Industry and business experience makes the difference for our clients.

click to watch Videocast: DOL Fiduciary Rule Litigation Impacts
Videocast: DOL Fiduciary Rule Litigation Impacts
Atlanta, GA
Washington, DC
© 2016 Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP / Sutherland (Europe) LLP
MYBRIEFCASE
Add this page to MYBRIEFCASE
Add Page to MYBRIEFCASE
News/Commentary - California Awaits Decision on CEII
Current MYBRIEFCASE Pages
Save ChangesDownload MYBRIEFCASEClear All