Search for Events
Search by date
In 2006, the $1.3 trillion hedge fund industry generated its biggest gains since 2003, this according firms that track hedge fund performance. Given their potential for superior returns, it is no wonder that hedge funds have gained the attention of private and institutional investors (not to mention fund of funds), establishing themselves as useful portfolio diversifiers and wealth preservers.
Yet investing in hedge funds is fraught with challenges. In this one-hour webcast, our speakers will explore two of them: marketing hedge funds without running afoul of the 1933 Act and disclosure issues in connection with side pockets.
In the first half of the webcast, hedge fund expert Bibb Strench, Partner, Sutherland Asbill & Brennan, LLP, will provide you with a guide to marketing hedge funds and hedge fund performance. He will explore such compelling topics as:
- Disclosing and presenting past performance in a compliant manner
- Developing hedge fund marketing compliance procedures
- Understanding GIPS standards and GIPS advertising guidelines
- Marketing hedge funds in one-on-one presentations
- Correctly using a website to market hedge funds and show performance
- Ensuring compliant third-party solicitation arrangements
For more information regarding this webcast, click here.