Search for Events
Search by date
Sutherland Partner Ann G. Fort is speaking at the Protiviti Discovery Risk Management Roundtable in Atlanta, GA on August 16, 2007. Ann will be commenting on the courts' assessment of specific computer-based technology after the adoption of the new electronic discovery rules.
Recent amendments to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure have put tremendous pressure on a company's ability to respond to requests for electronically stored information, whether from litigation, regulatory inquiry, and/or internal investigations. The Discovery Risk Management Roundtable will show companies how to:
- Establish defensible processes as part of routine operations and avoid excessive costs in responding to investigations, litigation, and/or regulatory requests;
- Demonstrate good faith efforts in the management of the discovery process;
- Identify immediate and practical solutions that may result in significant cost reductions for storage and retrieval expenses—including the significant expense and potential exposure resulting from email archives;
- Ensure compliance with internal policies and applicable legal and regulatory requirements; and
- Minimize business disruptions and drive operational efficiencies as business units create, receive, distribute, use, maintain, and ultimately dispose of records.