Search for Events
Search by date
Sutherland Attorney Douglas Mo is presenting a Property Tax Training on September 15, 2011, in Charlotte, North Carolina. This in-depth discussion on advanced topics in property tax will include cost segregation, acquisitions, unitary or unit assessment, and current developments in property taxation.
Following the program, attendees will be able to:
- Analyze state property tax schemes in relation to the federal structure for the regulation of voice, internet access and telephony, and the application of that structure to a state property tax scheme
- Apply the principles enunciated in the central assessment cases in Oregon, Montana and Missouri, and the factors driving the administrative and judicial decisions in those states, to states that have yet to address this issue
- Synthesize the basic principles of unitary/unit assessment and apply those principles to tax reduction strategies
- Identify appeal positions based upon cost segregation strategies and the double taxation of fixtures
- Evaluate the California change in ownership rules, and the penalties for failure to file timely reporting of changes in ownership
For more information and to register for this event, please contact Kelly Necessary, firstname.lastname@example.org.