Search for Events
Search by date
October 17, 2007 - October 19, 2007
Sutherland attorneys Steven B. Boehm and Holly H. Smith are speaking at the NSCP National Membership Meeting on October 17 - 19, 2007 in Washington, D.C. Sutherland is proud to be a breakfast sponsor on Thursday, October 18th. Steve will be speaking on Rule 22c-2 and the industry's response to it. He will focus on marketing and performance advertising and disclosing conflicts of interest and other disclosures. Holly will be giving an industry overview focusing on regulators' expectations of compliance officers and programs and reinforcement of management's accountability as supervisors.
The National Society of Compliance Professionals is a nonprofit, membership organization dedicated to serving and supporting compliance officials in the securities industry. NSCP:
- offers practical and interpretive guidance on compliance-related matters;
- alerts its members to important regulatory developments;
- sponsors educational meetings that serve as forums for exchanging ideas and information;
- provides professional analyses and counsel in regard to securities laws and regulations authorized by the states, federal agencies and the SROs; and
- promotes professionalism among compliance officials within the securities industry.