Search for Events
Search by date
October 28, 2010 - October 29, 2010
Sutherland Partners Mary Jane Wilson-Bilik and W. Mark Smith are speaking at the ALI-ABA Annual Conference on Life Insurance Products, October 28-29, 2010, in Washington, D.C. Mary Jane will chair a panel on "Annuity Disclosure," and Mark will chair a panel on "Pension Market and ERISA Developments."
This year’s faculty examines the most significant recent developments, including:
- The Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection legislation and its impact on life insurance companies and their insurance products, including:
- The legislative repeal of Rule 151A and consequences for index annuities and other insurance products
- The new regulatory scheme for derivatives and resulting changes for insurer risk hedging, stable value products, and guaranteed living benefits
- The evolution of a new fiduciary standard and its effect on insurance products
- Requirements for SEC studies and rulemaking affecting broker-dealers, investment advisers, mutual funds, and hedge funds
- The SEC's proposal to replace Rule 12b-1 with a new framework governing the use of fund assets to pay for distribution
- New FINRA advertising guidelines and pronouncements on the use of social media
- ERISA developments, including new investment adviser regulations, fee transparency, new disclosures for service providers, and the expansion of the fiduciary definition
For more information and to register for the event, click here.